Supports all areas of the production process involved in the manufacturing of company products. Develops, improves, and maintains a system to ensure that all products manufactured meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels. Ensures high quality product and service through leadership, technical knowledge, and the continuous improvement of inspection, test, and batch closing processes.
- Supervises the Liquid Quality Laboratory and quality control processes and programs by developing, implementing, and administering quality standards and procedures to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Assists Production with product troubleshooting and process optimization. Supports Production through data analysis and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Coordinates the preventative action portion of the Customer Complaint system and manages the initiatives system to ensure timely and complete responses to internal and external customers as well as monitors success of corrective actions.
- Develops and implements control plans for Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Manages process and product improvement and results by proactively managing repeat batch failures, re-works, internal and external corrective actions. Assists in reducing reject inventory by managing finished product blending process.
- Partners with R&D and manufacturing departments on strategies to improve product and process improvements on existing products and new business development opportunities.
- Drives the quality lab continuous improvement program by working across departments to initiate programs that increase productivity and/or reduce waste.
- Leads the quality system as the ISO Management Representative for the site. Directs the internal audit program, corrective/preventative action process and Management Reviews. Develops and ensures compliance to ISO Quality Standards. Facilitates external audits.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Engineering or related field with a minimum of three (3) years experience in a quality control role in a manufacturing or industrial setting. Previous experience in a coatings manufacturer preferred. Past roles must show a progression of increasing responsibility with a minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory or lead role. Must be a strong company advocate and possess the ability to influence, motivate and coach all levels within the organization. Ability to consistently exercise judgement within broadly defined policies and practices required. Must be a strong, creative leader and effective team builder, good communicator, active listener and possess excellent coaching skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled