The Small Packages Shipping Clerk is responsible for the packaging and shipping small order quantities through shipping carriers such as FedEx, UPS, and DHL. Ensures shipments are appropriately packaged and that all documentation for shipping hazardous materials is in order.
- Prepares small packages for delivery domestically and internationally for products not shipped via common carrier. Ensures all documentation and packaging is in order for shipping hazardous materials.
- Coordinates piece and weight counts to carriers to ensure carriers send proper size vehicle for pickup. Ensures all documentation is correct and provided to the drivers as required.
- Creates Bill of Lading to conform with Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements and regulations.
- Maintains an organized filing system for retained shipping documentation per regulations and company practices.
- Assists in warehouse maintenance. Adheres to warehouse organization plan and places product in appropriate location. Verifies quantities received from Production against documentation.
- Operates fork-lift as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
High school diploma (GED equivalent) with prior experience shipping through FedEx, UPS, and DHL. Must be able to complete International Air Transport Association (IATA) training and apply the knowledge learned. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written format required. Must be able to work independently.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled