The Store Sales Associate is responsible for supporting the sales efforts at the commercial paint store through exceptional customer service to walk-in retail customers and contractor accounts. .
- Provide customer service to walk-in retail customers and contractor accounts
- Answer customer questions about products and advise customers on product selection.
- Tint/color match architectural and industrial paint per customer order.
- Itemize and total customer merchandise selection at checkout counter, using cash register, and accept cash or charge card for purchase.
- Input orders into Point-of-Sale (POS) system, completing order accurately in POS system.
- Provide in-person and telephone technical support on FORREST and sundry products.
- Stock shelves with new or transferred product.
- Complete end-of-day reconciliation, including but not limited to, counting down the tills, pulling cash for deposit, and identifying any errors that may have happened during the day’s transactions.
- All other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent GED with previous customer service experience. Previous experience in a consultative retail sales setting preferred. Must have basic computer skills. Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and/or warehouse and lift/carry up to 50 lbs. Must be able to obtain hazmat handling certification. Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the phone a must. Attention to detail and ability to follow verbal and written directions required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled