Responsible for providing in-depth technical direction and assistance to customers regarding the use of Forrest Technical Coatings products. Works closely with customers to respond to common questions and concerns about liquid coatings application methods and techniques to improve quality and efficiencies within their operations.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of our liquid coatings product line, industry test methods, and processes related to application equipment.
- Works with a cross-functional team in order to support and resolve customer technical issues and questions. Works with Sales Team to maintain current business and close new opportunities.
- Provides technical direction and assistance to customers on the use of liquid coatings product lines. Serves as an expert with working knowledge of multiple coatings technologies.
- Writes detailed reports of technical service visits outlining the work performed and any issues encountered.
- Generates, maintains, and organizes technical documentation and literature pertaining to product use and performance.
- Proactively calls on and develops relationships with current customers. Represents company within key industry associations and trade organizations.
- Ability to travel to customer sites to provide technical assistance, sometimes on short notice.
- All other duties as assigned.
High school diploma (GED equivalent) with a minimum of five (5) years of coatings and application equipment knowledge or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or related scientific field preferred. Previous technical service experience in the coatings industry a plus. Must be able to produce results with little direct supervision. Ability to resolve technical issues using a methodical and scientific approach. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled